ANSS - Advanced National Seismic System
Products & Services
- Automatic maps and event information are available within minutes oniline at the Earthquake Hazards
Program website which displays earthquake locations nationwide.
- Human reports of shaking. Report your earthquake experience and see the map of shaking reports.
- @USGSted (USGS Tweet Earthquake Dispatch) and @USGSBigQuakes (USGS Big Quakes) distribute alerts for earthquakes worldwide with magnitudes of 5.5 and above.
- Information on the impact of an earthquake using data about the shaking, the affected population, and the affected infrastructure.
- Instrumentally measured shaking intensity mapped in a certain region. Fast information on strong skaing
in urban areas helps get emergency response to the right places.
- An application for automating ShakeMap delivery to critical users and for facilitating notification of shaking levels at user-selected facilities.
- Hazard mpas identify the areas of the country that are mostly likely to experience strong shaking in the future.
Zip code or latitude-longitude lookup is available.
- Automated notifications of earthquakes through e-mail, pager, or cell phone. Rapid information and updates to
first responders, and resources for media and local government.
- Graphically alerts users, in near real-time, of seismicity as well as vital earthquake-hazards information following a significant earthquake.
- Online catalog search and downloadable information and technical data.
- Real-time waveform displays from 60 stations are available online 24 hours a day.
- A spectrogram is a means for viewing the frequency content of a seismogram as it changes with time.
- Information about earthquake hazards, historical seismicity, faults, plus additional links is available by State.
- Quicktime movies created from the recordings of fully-instrumented structures during earthquakes.
Earthquake Data links